This week play on Number balance to work on number facts and addition. play levels 1, 2 and 3. Make the scales equal by ensuring that both sides total the same value.
This game will help with counting in 2’s, 5’s and 10’s.
Look out of your window or stand in your front garden and count how many cars go past. What is the most popular colour that passes? What is the least popular colour that passes?
Practise telling the time. This could be done through this game (scroll down to access the game). Read to the hour and half hour.
Choose a number between 10 and 20. How many different ways can this number be partitioned? Do bigger numbers have more ways they can be partitioned?
Daily phonics – your child should practice their sounds and blend words. Interactive games found on links below.
Also Spell the days of the week and common exception words.
Here are some writing activities
- Write a ‘thank you’ letter to the people who collect your rubbish and recycling. What could you include in your letter? Can you think of any questions you could ask about recycling or where the rubbish goes?
- Can you label the plants in your garden or in the house?
- Write a weather report. Can you use any adjectives?
- Listen to this information video about caring for the environment. Discuss with your child after.
- Place these words onto paper and read them out aloud : environment, recycle, reuse, conserve. Can you put the sound buttons on?
- Listen to Newsround and discuss what has been happening in the world this week. What new things have you found out?