Our school as part of the parish of Our Lady, Holy Cross and St Paul provides a living experience of our Catholic faith through the teachings of the Gospel and the Sacraments. It is our mission to create opportunities which enable each person to recognise a sense of their own worth and that of others.
Each day we strive to live by the teachings of Jesus through our core values of love, respect, hope, unity, forgiveness and resilience.
Our distinctive aims are:
- To place emphasis on the teaching and learning of the gospel messages through our religious educational syllabus and through the way we relate to each other in our everyday lives.
- To foster a living community of prayer and celebration both within the school and in partnership with the Parish to feel that they are part of this community and indeed the worldwide family of God.
- To enable children to understand and respect other faiths.
- To equip our children with the necessary information and skills to enable them to make the right choices to keep safe and be healthy in the community.
- To give special support to those parents and families who may need it. There maybe a variety of reasons why the school offer families extra support
- To nurture within our children a sense of aspiration, self-determination and a desire to achieve their academic and personal potential.
- To provide a curriculum that supports all children’s social emotional behaviour.
In partnership with our families we aim:
- To provide a foundation for a Christian Catholic way of life in an environment where the Gospel message underpins all that we do.
- To provide a curriculum that combines high standards of literacy and numeracy with a broad and balanced curriculum where children are excited and engaged and there is joy in what they are doing.
- To provide learning that is focussed on individual pupil’s needs and abilities in order that all children reach their potential.
- To build a partnership with parents by giving good information and by embedding the school into the fabric of their community.
- To provide to the best of our ability an inclusive school where children with Special Educational needs, gifted and talented children and minority ethnic groups will be given support.
- To promote high standards of behaviour by teaching and modelling positive behaviour to our children.